What Percentage of People in Halfway Houses in Delray Beach Relapse?

While moving into a Delray Beach halfway house after completing rehab isn’t required, many recovering addicts do choose to do so. This is because a halfway house provides a supportive sober living environment, while you transition back into normal society. Upon completing addiction treatment, many recovering addicts feel overwhelmed by the prospect of their release, but the option of living in a halfway house provides them with the support they need to make this big adjustment.

In addition to maintain a sober living environment, residents in a halfway house are encouraged to continue participating in group support meetings. In this way, they can continue to adhere to the tenets of recovery even though they no longer live in the rehab facility. Halfway houses in Delray Beach also provide the temporary living situation that recovering addicts need as they look for employment and more permanent living situations. While we know that transitioning into a Delray Beach halfway house does decrease the risks of relapse, what do the numbers say about it?

What Percentage of Halfway House Residents in Delray Beach Are Likely to Relapse?

There have been numerous studies done on the effectiveness of halfway houses in regards to how they affect the rate of relapses. In past research, it was found that up to 61% of residents won’t relapse after having spent time in a halfway house, or other sober living community. While that is promising, newer research suggests that rate may be even higher, reaching as high as 65%. While that still leaves a 35% rate of relapse, the 4% increase may suggest halfway house environments have become more effective.

The research looked deeper and found that gender, age, and educational level also played a part in determining the rate of relapse. For instance, women were found to be less likely to relapse than men. As far as age, only 60% of recovering addicts aged 25 or younger did not relapse, while 70% of recovering addicts over 36 avoided relapsing. Education seemed to play a larger part in determining the rate of relapse, however. Of those who had not obtained a high school diploma, only 59% avoided future relapses.

Conversely, as many as 85% of college educated recovering addicts enjoyed a sustained recovery. The first step in living a clean lifestyle is getting clean and obtaining addiction treatment. By calling 800-411-8019, you can learn more about the recovery process from our trained and friendly counselors. This phone call can be the first step in beginning a healthier lifestyle.